Standards of care in the medical profession are intended to guide doctors and other caregivers in the decisions they make in health care situations.
When a health care provider is entrusted with a patient’s well-being, that patient rightfully expects that accepted standards of care will be adhered to. Medical malpractice refers to wrong choices that leave a patient unjustifiably harmed. In a worst-case scenario, a patient may lose his or her life or suffer catastrophic injury because of negligence by health care providers. In a best-case scenario, harm done may be correctable but typically, the patient faces further losses and expenses as a result of the medical mistake.
Our lawyers welcome inquiries regarding any type of medical malpractice claim or long-term care negligence claim such as:
- Birth Injury Claims: These injuries could include cuts and bruising from forceps and vacuum pumps, nerve damage, fractures, Erb’s palsy, shoulder dystocia, Cerebral Palsy and brain damage. Learn More
- Elder Care Abuse: If you notice bruising or other signs of possible physical abuse, it could be a result of an elder care injury. Unexplained losses could be the result of financial abuse or outright theft. We can help you get answers. Learn More
- Medication Errors: There could be one or more sources of negligence resulting in harm to you or a loved one, such as: a prescribing physician, a pharmacist, a nurse, an anesthetist, or a drug manufacturer. Learn More
- Misdiagnosis, Failure to Diagnose, or Delayed Diagnosis: When a physician’s judgement results in missed opportunities for timely treatment or delays diagnosis, resulting in worse-than-necessary outcomes, talking to an attorney is the best way to begin your journey toward obtaining justice. Learn More
- Nursing Home Accidents: Family members often notice and bring to our attention injuries suffered by their loved ones in facilities that are supposed to protect and care for the elderly and disabled. Learn More
- Surgical & Post-Surgery Errors: We handle a variety of surgery and post-surgery error claims, including failure to monitor, early hospital release, medication errors, anesthesia errors, unnecessary surgeries, and inappropriate delays of cesarean sections. Learn More
Rosenn, Jenkins & Greenwald LLP is a well-respected plaintiffs’ law firm with a strong reputation for recovering compensation for people harmed as a result of others’ negligence. From our law offices in Hazleton and Wilkes-Barre, personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers at this law firm collaborate with experts to prepare compelling arguments in our clients’ favor. We are prepared to take cases to court as necessary to right wrongs and recover compensation for the injured.
If you or a family member has suffered harm because of a medical mistake, talk to an attorney.