- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Civil Rights Defense
- Environmental Litigation
Robert L. Gawlas is a member of the Litigation Department, and has represented a wide-range of clients in a variety of federal and state court litigation.
Rob is a native of northeastern Pennsylvania, and graduated from Holy Redeemer High School in 2009. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2013 with a B.A. in Political Science. While at Penn, he was a two-year letterwinner on the football team. He earned his J.D. degree, cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2016. During his time in law school, he served as the Executive Editor of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review and was also a member of the Mock Trial Team, competing in various competitions throughout the country.
Rob is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Middle, Eastern, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania. His practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, construction litigation, employment disputes, civil rights defense, and environmental litigation, including oil and gas and the Marcellus Shale.
He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Domestic Violence Service Center. In his spare time, Rob is an assistant coach for the Holy Redeemer High School Track & Field team, where he coaches the hurdlers and sprinters.
Rob and his wife, Theresa, reside in Mountain Top, with their two sons, Ryan and Jack.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., cum laude, May, 2016) – Executive Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review (2014 – 2016); University of Pittsburgh Law Mock Trial team
University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 2013)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Varsity Football Player at University of Pennsylvania
- Leadership Northeast – Class of 2023
- Pa. Bar Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association (Luzerne County Bar Association)
- National Marrow Donor Program – Member, Donor & Volunteer
- American Red Cross – Volunteer
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Assistant Track & Field Coach – Holy Redeemer High School
- Board of Directors – Domestic Violence Service Center (DVSC)