Position: Of Counsel
- Construction Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
Spanning the last 40 years, Mr. Levinson has built an impressive record of client victories including verdicts at trial, for both plaintiffs and defendants, in cases involving commercial disputes, construction law, medical malpractice and products liability.
He has been nationally recognized for his skills and success in the courtroom by the American Board of Trial Advocates, who extended him membership several years ago.
Mr. Levinson began his legal career first serving as a Deputy Attorney General for Pennsylvania. Once he joined the firm, he became heavily involved in construction law and medical malpractice law and has actively lectured on both subjects to members of the Bar and the Luzerne County Medical Society. He possesses a thorough familiarity with the following Codes, Statutes, Contract Documents, and Subjects: Municipal Construction Contract Law; School Building Construction Code; Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act; Contract claims before the Board of Claims; State Procurement Code; AIA Construction Documents and General Conditions Applicable to Contractors, Subcontractors and Architects; and Arbitration before the American Arbitration Association-all of which is invaluable in representing contractors, owners, operators and architects and engineers from around the state. In the medical malpractice area, he has been gratified to win substantial awards for his injured clients. A graduate of Lehigh University, Mr. Levinson received his law degree from Georgetown University where he served as a student editor of the Federal Bar Journal.
In 2011, Mr. Levinson was selected to become a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (“LCA”), a Trial Lawyer Honorary Society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
Thorough familiarity with the following:
- Municipal Construction Contract Law
- School Building Construction Code
- Contractor & Subcontractor Payment Act
- Contract claims before the Board of Claims
- State Procurement Code
- AIA Construction Documents and General Conditions applicable to contractors, subcontractors & architects
- Arbitration before the American Arbitration Association
Lehigh University (B.A., 1970)
Georgetown University (J.D., 1974) – Federal Bar Journal, Student Editor, 1973-74
- United States Supreme Court
- United State Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Invited to lecture on Construction Law by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute at seminars held in Philadelphia, Mechanicsburg and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Mr. Levinson served as the chair of the Three Member Panel.
- Lectured on medical malpractice before the Luzerne County Medical Society
- On numerous occasions, lectured on medical malpractice at the annual Luzerne County Bench/Bar Conference
- From 2002-2010, Mr. Levinson has been the lead author on the annual update on medical malpractice cases. This information has appeared in the Pennsylvania Defense Institute Publication, Counterpoint.
- Medical Malpractice Case Update, Sept. 2007
- Medical Malpractice Case Update, Sept. 2008
- Medical Malpractice Case Update, Sept. 2009
- Medical Malpractice Case Update, Sept. 2010
- Medical Malpractice Case Update, Sept. 2011
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
- Solicitor, Beth David Reform Congregation, Gladwyne Pa. as of June 2016
- Adjunct Professor, Rutgers University, as of January 2016
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- Luzerne County Bench Bar Conference — Co-Chair, 2010 and 2011, Chair 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of Justice — Deputy Attorney General (1974–1978)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter — Treasurer, 2007-2013
- Litigation Counsel of America, 2010-2013
- Regional Director, Pennsylvania Council, Union of Reform Judaism (1994-2000)
- Wilkes-Barre YMCA — Board Member, Executive Committee, 2009-2013
- Frank M. Henry – Layperson of the Year Award 2010, Greater Wilkes-Barre Y
- Temple B’nai B’rith, Kingston, PA — Past President, Current Board Member
- Temple B’nai B’rith Housing for the Elderly — Past President, Current Board Member
- Chairperson — Anti-Defamation League (ADL) Dinner, 2011
- Georgetown University — Alumni Admissions Interviewer (1993–present)
- Wilkes-Barre Law & Library’s Bench Bar Committee Conference 2007
- Howard M. Levinson, Esq. Speaks about Medical Malpractice at the Luzerne County Bench Bar Conference
- 1.8 Million Settlement to Dallas Schools