Acquiring wealth requires a great deal of commitment, motivation and plain hard work. For most people, the assets mentioned in a will represent a lifetime of achievement.
At Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP, we have a great respect for the efforts of our clients. We make sure that our clients’ interests and desires are properly protected by developing and implementing a comprehensive and tax sensitive estate plan.
Many people believe that they must seek the services of a large city attorney in order to handle high profile or complex estate planning matters. This is not true. Attorneys at Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP bring large metropolitan law firm experience and expertise to a regional law firm, so clients receive the benefits of sophisticated legal representation while working directly with the attorney they hired.
Our attorneys offer the same services as lawyers in New York, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, but at a more cost-effective rate.
Lawyers at our Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania-based law firm offer a range of planning services:
- Estate Planning Services: What will happen to your children and spouse if you pass away? What would you want to have happen if you could no longer make decisions about your property or your healthcare? Wills & living wills, trusts, powers of attorney, charitable planning, non-probate assets and marital agreements are all estate planning services we offer. Learn More
- Estate & Trust Administration: Small estate petitions, elective shares, PA inheritance tax, will contests, fiduciary deeds & accountings. Learn More
- Guardianship of Minors and Incapacitated Persons: We offer services covering petitions for guardianship over estates, persons and accountings. Learn More
- Planning for the Elderly: Asset transfer planning, income-only trusts and life estates are all important parts of planning for you or a loved one’s elder years. Learn More
- Taxation: One of the most pressing reasons for proper estate planning is minimizing the tax burdens paid by the estate, your heirs or those who receive gifts from you. Learn More
- Planning for Non-Traditional Relationships: We provide counsel on a variety of situations a non-traditional relationship could face, including: cohabitation agreements, planning for your or your partner’s incapacity due to illness or injury and GRITs or Grantor Retained Income Trusts. Learn More
Many estate planning lawyers do nothing more than draft a will or trust, but we take a more complete approach to estate planning. We also make sure that your life insurance policies, beneficiary designations of your individual retirement accounts and retirement plans and title to your real estate, among other issues, including allocation of assets between family members, are in line and coordinated with the new estate plan. Otherwise, your estate planning documents (e.g. your will or trust) unless fully coordinated with your assets will be ineffective, both from a tax and an emotional perspective causing stress and tension among your loved ones.
Effective estate and tax planning requires a client to disclose to his or her attorney complete information on the client’s assets. At Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP, we know the trust that this disclosure requires. We take our responsibilities seriously. Our lawyers are dedicated to protecting our clients’ privacy. That means that the things discussed between you and your lawyer after formation of the attorney/client relationship are confidential.
Our lawyers are dedicated to protecting our clients’ privacy. That means that the things discussed between you and your lawyer after formation of the attorney/client relationship are confidential. With a few limited exceptions, which your lawyer will tell you about, your lawyer cannot disclose them to anyone.