Even with the best planning and intentions, disputes among business owners – whether shareholder disputes or “business divorces” — arise.
When they do, Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP’s lawyers are skilled at guiding business owners through these difficult situations. We advise our clients as to the best methods for avoiding, managing, resolving and litigating these disputes.
These types of disputes are considered “business divorces” for a reason: They often involve the public airing of grievances in closely held companies, ranging from anger over management styles and disagreements about losses to accusations of self-dealing and breaches of fiduciary duties. Sometimes they begin as an argument over the ownership or control of a business. Regardless of the cause, however, Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP attorneys are experienced at handling a wide range of quarrels involving family-owned businesses, limited liability companies, partnerships and limited partnerships, S-corporations, C-corporations, and publicly traded or privately held companies.
Our attorneys’ experience and insight ensures the best outcome for you and your side of the issue in such disputes. Depending on the goal that you wish to achieve, the lawyers at Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP will develop a plan to achieve those goals in an efficient and cost-effective manner. In nearly 60 years of practice, our lawyers have handled an assortment of internal business dispute matters, representing clients in cases involving:
- Intellectual property disputes related to trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets
- Fraud and misrepresentation claims
- Violations of non-disclosure or non-competition agreements
- Securities and investor fraud matters
- Breach of fiduciary duty, self-dealing and embezzlement claims
- Minority shareholder, member and partner disputes
- Usurpation of corporate or business opportunity claims
- Objections to allocation of tax benefits and penalties
- Blue sky law violations and other public equity and security matters
- Allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination
- Workplace violence and hostile workplace claims
- Breach of contract disputes
- Family-owned business disputes
- Petitions for appointment of custodians or receivers
Our clients rely on Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP attorneys for courtroom representation and also for review of change of control agreements, proxy statements and disclosures, amendments to corporate bylaws and operating agreements, board practices and other legal issues that may give rise to internal disputes.