Position: Managing Partner
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Corporate Law
- Business & Finance
- Bankruptcy & Creditor’s rights
Attorney Steven P. Roth has been engaged in the representation of a number of the region’s leading businesses in connection with general corporate representation. He is sought after for his counsel and business advice in negotiating complex commercial acquisition, merger and divestiture transactions, joint ventures and other forms of business combinations.
A significant aspect of Mr. Roth’s practice involves complex contract negotiations, including those involving highly specialized business process outsourcing contracts, information technology and intellectual property license and related agreements.
Mr. Roth’s has significant experience in advising businesses through complex transactional and document drafting and negotiations in connection with other forms of business ventures, divestitures, and growth situations involving raising capital through debt and private equity.
In addition, Mr. Roth has provided consultation and assistance in planning, managing and engaging in the representation of distressed sales of companies, as well as insolvency and bankruptcy and creditor rights matters.
Mr. Roth is a Partner and serves as a Member of the Rosenn, Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP Management Committee as well as its Financial Partner.
Mr. Roth received his Masters in Business Administration from LaSalle University and law degree from the Duquesne University School of Law. He currently serves on numerous Boards and advisory councils including the Board of Trustees of Wilkes University, the Board of Directors of Coates Toners, LLC and AL Patterson, Inc.
The following are REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS in which Mr. Roth acted as lead counsel in connection with transactions involving a sales price ranging from between $3 to $60 Million Dollars:
- Counsel to a multistate natural gas oilfield services company in connection with the 2014 sale of a majority interest in its operations to a financial buyer and negotiating the successor entity Operating Agreement and related rights agreements.
- Counsel to a multinational information management company in connection with the 2013 sale of all of its stock to an acquirer in the UK and negotiation of leaseback arrangements of all operating facilities allowing the selling principals to retain ownership of its real estate throughout the United States.
- Counsel to a Pennsylvania waste disposal firm in connection with its 2013 sale of its majority shares to a Delaware Corporation while retaining a minority interest in the new entity and leasing back the Waste disposal site.
- Counsel to a New Jersey based Construction Company in connection with sale negotiations of its assets in 2013 to a Chicago, Illinois based firm.
- Counsel to a New Jersey principal in connection with a 2013 financial acquisition of a Pennsylvania based manufacturing business
- Acquisition counsel in 2011 for the purchase of the stock in a 338(h)(10) transaction involving a distributor of light construction and earth moving equipment with locations in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Acquisition counsel for the 2010 purchase of assets of an information technology company in North Carolina in the business process industry, provided due diligence, negotiation of business terms and transactions documents.
- Acquisition counsel for the 2009 purchase of assets of an information technology company in North Carolina in the business process industry provided due diligence, negotiation of terms of business terms and transaction documents.
- Acquisition of a management buyout of an international manufacturer with operations in Pennsylvania and in the United Kingdom in 2008 in the ink and toner business, negotiation of business terms and transaction documents, arranged financing of facilities and equipment in Pennsylvania.
- Acquisition of assets of a multiple location retail franchise in the Lehigh Valley area, formed Pennsylvania acquisition entities, negotiated business terms and transaction documents, included, shopping center leases.
- Acquisition of assets of a materials technology company with principal office in the Philadelphia area and distribution centers in New Jersey and Rhode Island; negotiated transaction documents, formed acquisition entities.
- 2009 Cash out Merger and dispute resolution of a Minority Shareholder issue for a Pennsylvania materials recycling Corporation.
- Merger of Pennsylvania Corporation into a Pennsylvania Limited Liability Company to address organizational and tax considerations.
- Redemption of common shares of a medical supply company.
- Negotiation of various business process outsourcing agreements with 5 fortune 50 insurance companies.
Wilkes University (B.S., 1984)
La Salle University – School of Business Administration (MBA, Finance and Marketing, 1984)
Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
BV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The BV® rating signifies an “excellent” rating for a lawyer that has been admitted to the Bar.
- Business Leaders Radio – April 30, 2016 Listen Here:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association — Sections on Corporations, Banking and Business Law
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- American Bar Association
- A. L. Patterson, Inc. — Board of Directors
- Former board member of Diversified Information Technologies, Inc. — Advisory Board
- Coates Toners, LLC — Board of Directors
- Ethos Gen, LLC — Advisory Board
- Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Business and Industry — Board of Directors
- Wilkes University Alumni — Board of Directors
- Wilkes University — Board of Trustees
- Great Valley Technology Alliance — Board of Directors and Chair of the Judging of the GVTA Business Plan Competition
- Volunteers in Medicine Clinic — Board of Directors
- LWR Time, Ltd., — Board of Directors
- Bicycle Racing
- Providing services to start-up and emerging businesses