- Plaintiffs’ Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Restrictive Covenants
- Closely Held & Family Owned Companies
- Construction Law
- Professional Liability Defense
Attorney Robert D. Schaub was born in Plainview, New York.
In 1981, he graduated magna cum laude from LeMoyne College where he was a member of Alpha Sigma Nu. He received his Juris Doctor in 1984 from Catholic University. Mr. Schaub received the Engalicheff Outstanding Young American Award while attending Georgetown University.
Mr. Schaub was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1984. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the United States Claims Court.
Mr. Schaub serves on the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Professional Liability Committee. He is also a member of the Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association.) Mr. Schaub is a Past President of the Association.
Mr. Schaub has tried numerous cases to verdict. He has a concentration in business litigation and has handled numerous injunction hearings involving covenants not to compete. Mr. Schaub has been involved in numerous matters involving closely held and family owned businesses, and has been able to effectuate very favorable resolutions, with and without litigation, on behalf of clients. Within the last 24 months, Mr. Schaub has been involved in nine cases involving requests for injunctive relief. He was involved in the representation of Emilio and Gloria Estefan who were injured in an interstate tractor trailer/bus accident in the Pocono Mountains. He has also successfully represented many clients who suffered significant personal injuries and the family members of wrongful death victims, including the families of four victims who were killed in a tragic boating accident. Many of these personal injury matters involved complex economic loss issues, and Mr. Schaub has drawn upon his business litigation experience to obtain very significant recoveries. Most recently, Mr. Schaub has represented clients in all aspects of litigation involving Marcellus Shale issues, including leasing disputes, will contests, and gas pipeline issues. These Marcellus Shale cases involve construction contracts in excess of 100 million dollars, as well as class action litigation. Mr. Schaub has managed litigation teams through the investigation, pleading, discovery and trial stages.
Mr. Schaub has been married to his wife Julie for 35 years. Julie recently retired from a career of teaching the gifted program and special education at Dallas Elementary School. They have four children, Rachel, Hillary, Drew and Grace. Rachel graduated from American University and earned her MBA from the University of Maryland. She is an Associate Brand Manager at Danone North America. Hillary is a graduate of The George Washington University and currently attends the University of Pennsylvania for a Masters of Science degree. Simultaneously, she works full time at Penn Medicine. Drew attended the University of Pennsylvania where he majored in classical studies and communications. He currently works at the Netter Center of the University of Pennsylvania. Grace is a recent graduate of The George Washington University and now works as a Services Associate at the Glenstone Museum. Mr. Schaub is an avid ice hockey player, golfer and enjoys reading historical biographies. He recently earned his pilots license and loves to fly around the Wilkes-Barre area as much as he can.
Mr. Schaub currently serves as President of the Boards of Directors for both Luzerne County Head Start and Leadership Wilkes-Barre, and is Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Luzerne County Child Advocacy Center.
Mr. Schaub was recently appointed as a hearing committee member for the Disciplinary Board of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Mr. Schaub has repeatedly been selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List, having demonstrated excellence in the practice of law. This highly selective honor is limited to no more than 5% of attorneys in Pennsylvania.
- Numerous injunction hearings involving covenants not to compete
- Numerous matters involving closely held and family owned business
- Involvement in the representation of Emilio & Gloria Estefan, who were injured in an interstate tractor trailer/bus accident in the Pocono Mountains
- Representation of many clients who suffered significant personal injuries
- Representation of the families of four victims who were killed in a tragic, boating accident
- Marcellus Shale issues
Georgetown University – Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems (1979); Recipient of the Engalicheff Outstanding Young American Award
Lemoyne College (B.A., magna cum laude & Alpha Sigma Nu, 1981)
Catholic University (J.D., 1984)
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Claims Court
- Witherspoon Update
- Robert D. Schaub Elected President of the Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law Library Association) Bench-Bar Committee Conference (2007)
- Attorney Bob Schaub Chosen as Leadership Wilkes-Barre Distinguished Leader
- Attorney Schaub spoke at the Delaware County Bench Bar Conference in June, 2013.
Recipient of the Engalicheff Outstanding Young American Award while attending Georgetown University.
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer — 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2021.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association — Professional Liability Committee, Speakers Panel for Malpractice Avoidance Program; House of Delegates
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association) — Young Lawyers Division (Past Chair); Bench-Bar Committee (Past Chair); Past President of the Association
- United Way of Wyoming Valley — Past Board Member, Chairman of the Board and Campaign Chair
- United Way of Pennsylvania — Past Board Member and Executive Committee
- Leadership Wilkes-Barre — Board Member and Vice President
- Huntsville Golf Club — Board Member
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Council of Boy Scouts of America — Past Board Member
- Back Mountain Youth Sports — Coach for Baseball, Basketball, Soccer and Youth Hockey
- Luzerne County Head Start — Board Member and Vice President
- Ice Hockey Player
- Reading Historical Biographies