Nicholas J. Marinelli is a member of the Business Law & Finance Department of the firm.
He focuses his practice on business-related legal issues, including contract drafting and counseling, employment disputes and business litigation, commercial banking, and mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Attorney Marinelli earned his J.D. (cum laude) at Widener University Commonwealth Law School. His undergraduate studies were completed at Rutgers University, earning his B.A. (magna cum laude) in Communications.
Attorney Marinelli is a member of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Phi Alpha Delta (Pepper Chapter), and Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association.
Over the past several years, Nick has represented clients in connection with the following transactions:
- Purchase of a screen printing business
- Purchase of a plastics manufacturing business
- Sale of equity interests of a waste removal and hauling business
- Purchase of assets of several vending businesses
- Purchase of assets of a lawn care business
- Sale of assets of a highway painting division
- Sale of assets of a voice and data solutions business
- Sale of assets of a heating oil business
- Purchase of a liquor license
- Sale of stock of a warehousing and logistics business
- Sale of equity interests in a real estate holding company
Nick also regularly assists clients with:
- the formation of Pennsylvania entities, including, corporations and limited liability companies
- the purchase and sale of Pennsylvania liquor licenses and application for transfer of such licenses with the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
- real estate-secured and asset-secured financing
- obtaining women-owned business certification through the Women Business Enterprise National Council and SBA
- Widener University Commonwealth Law School (J.D., cum laude, May 2016) – Web & Technology Editor, Widener Journal of Law, Economics & Race
- Rutgers University (B.A., magna cum laude, May 2010)
- New Jersey
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Wilkes-Barre Law Library Association (Luzerne County Bar)
- 2020 United Way of Wyoming Valley Campaign Cabinet member
- Leadership Northeast (Formerly Leadership Wilkes-Barre) – Class of 2020
- Advisory Board – Leadership Northeast
- Sampling local breweries and restaurants
- Spending time with his wife, Jyllian, and their dog, Sophie