Mr. Ufberg is a highly respected lawyer in Pennsylvania and is recognized as a true statesman of the Bar.
For over 40 years, he has assisted individuals and businesses with their legal needs with respect to mergers and acquisitions, business formation, successorship, real estate and corporate finance law matters. Mr. Ufberg’s clients run the gamut from sole proprietorships to some of the largest and most respected companies in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Mr. Ufberg served as Managing Partner of Rosenn Jenkins and Greenwald, LLP, for over 22 years (1984–2006).
A former Commissioner of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Independent Regulatory Review Commission, Mr. Ufberg is a past member of the Hearing Committee of the Disciplinary Board of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and of the Board of Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. He currently serves on the Boards of numerous charitable and civic organizations, including The Commonwealth Medical College, Misericordia University and WVIA TV/FM/HDTV. One of his passions over the years has been to assist in the economic growth of the local business economy. Mr. Ufberg is the past chairman of the Luzerne County Business Roundtable and of the Greater Wilkes-Barre Partnership, Inc., t/a Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Business and Industry. Today, he continues to look for opportunities for and assists local businesses to prosper.
Bucknell University (A.B., 1964)
Duquesne University (J.D., 1968, Phi Alpha Delta)
- Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Speaker and workshop leader at the 24th Annual Conference & Workshops on Law Firm Management & Economics, presented by Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc., on March 24-25, 2011, on the topics of “Positioning Your Firm Through Formulating, Planning and Implementing the Strategic Planning Process” and “Tensions Surrounding Partner Compensation”.
- “Dealing with the Recession: Will Your Firm Survive Despite a Sluggish Community?”, “Marketing & Cross-Selling the Firm’s Expertise”, and “Admitting New Partners, Classes of Partners and the Feasibility of Part-Time Partners in Less than Profitable Times”.
- Speaker and workshop leader at the 22nd Annual Conference & Workshops on Law Firm Management & Economics presented by Joel A. Rose & Associates, Inc., on March 26 & 27, 2009 in Washington, D.C.
January, 2015 — Appointed to the Banking & Securities Department Transition Committee by Governor Tom Wolf.
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” (2006, 2009, 2013 and 2014.)
“Thanks to Murray Ufberg, a Partner in our Firm, who served as the Master of Ceremonies at the roast of Mike MacDowell earlier this year. Mike is the well-known and accomplished recently-retired President of Misericordia University, where Murray served as Chairman of the Board.” Joseph L. Persico, Managing Partner
- American Bar Association
- B’nai B’rith–Seligman J. Strauss Lodge — Member; Recipient of the Community Service Award (2003); Past President (1970–74)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Independent Regulatory Review Commission, Commissioner (2003–2006 and 2015–Present)
- Community Relations Council of Jewish Federation of Greater Wilkes-Barre, Chairman (1993–97 and 2000–Present)
- Disciplinary Board of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Hearing Committee (1991–1994)
- Duquesne University School of Law Alumni Association of NEPA, Past President (1997–99)
- Elks Lodge #109 — Benevolent & Protective Order
- Executive Committee Transition Team, Governor-Elect Edward G. Rendell, Member
- F.M. Kirby Center, Past member of the Board of Directors
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Partnership, Inc., Chairman (2001–2002), t/a Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Business and Industry
- “International Who’s Who of Professionals”
- Jewish Community Center of Wyoming Valley, Past President (1982–83); Board of Directors
- Jewish Federation of Greater Wilkes-Barre, Board of Directors
- Jewish Federation of Greater Wilkes-Barre, Past President
- Keystone College Presidents Advisory Council
- King Hiram Lodge No. 721, F. & A.M.
- Legal Committee for the Pennsylvania Savings League, Inc. (1981–1985)
- Luzerne County Advisory Committee to Pennsylvania Economy League
- Luzerne County Business Roundtable, Chairman (2002)
- Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company — Directors Advisory Council for the NEPA Region
- “Marquis Who’s Who in American Law”
- “Marquis Who’s Who in the East”
- “Marquis Who’s Who in America”
- Misericordia University, Board of Trustees
- “National Who’s Who of Business Executives”
- NEPA Council of the Boy Scouts of America — Distinguished Citizen’s Award (2006)
- Ohav Zedek Synagogue, Wilkes-Barre, PA
- PBA Gaming Law Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association–Sections on Corporate Banking and Business Law; Real Property; Probate and Trust Law
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency
- The Commonwealth Medical College, Board of Directors
- The Pennsylvania Society
- United Way of Wyoming Valley General Campaign, Past Chairman (1990)
- United Way of Wyoming Valley, Past Chairman of the Board of Directors (1992-94)
- Wilkes-Barre Jaycees – Distinguished Service Award (1979)
- Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association (Luzerne County Bar Association)
- WVIA TV/FM/HDTV, Board of Directors