Position: Counsel to the Firm
- Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property
Cross Creek Pointe
1065 Highway 315, Suite 200
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Mary Jo Kishel, Esquire, has recently been promoted to “Counsel to the Firm” at the law firm of Rosenn Jenkins & Greenwald, LLP, the largest and one of the most well-known law firms in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Over the past 10 years, Attorney Kishel was a former Partner and Consultant to the Firm while she and her husband raised 2 children.
Attorney Kishel received her B.A. in Economics from Bucknell University and her J.D. from Villanova University. She was a Quarterfinalist in the Reimel Moot Court Competition.
Attorney Kishel has also earned the distinction of BV(r) Review Rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Martindale-Hubbell. This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and profession ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of member of the Bar and Judiciary.
Her legal experience includes, but is not limited to Construction Law, Education Law, Financial Service Law, Franchises & Distributions, Health Care, Hospitality Law, insurance Law, Manufacturing & Industrial Law, Media Law, Non-Profit Organization Law, Retail Law, Software & Information Technology Law and Telecommunication Law. She excels in practicing the law in relation to Commercial Transactions, Corporate Law and Intellectual Property Law. She is an exceptional mentor to the younger attorneys that join the practice.
Her clients include both business, nonprofit, and not-for-profit organizations, for which she provides assistance with formation, governance, compliance, financing, and operational legal matters, including the negotiation and preparation of shareholders’, operating, and partnership agreements. She also assists with intellectual property protection and enforcement matters for all types of organizations.
Attorney Kishel is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association.) She was involved in community service with Victim’s Resource Center and The United Way of Wyoming Valley, Allocations Committee.
Attorney Kishel resides in Exeter with her husband, Frank Donvito and their 2 children.
Bucknell University (B.A., Economics, 1985)
Villanova University (J.D., 1988); Quarterfinalist, Reimel Moot Court Competition
- “Are You Doing Enough to Protect Your Brand Name? Understanding and Utilizing the Protections Afforded to Names and Trademarks,” as published in the Winter 2020 Newsletter for the Business Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- “Protection of Work Product of Employees and Contractors,” published in the 2020 Times Leader Attorneys’ Guide.
- Protecting Trademarks and Service Marks presentation for Wilkes Small Business Center
- Trademarks and Copyrights presentation in November, 2020 through Wilkes University Small Business Development Center
- Financial Services
- Franchise & Distribution
- Health Care
- Manufacturing & Industrials
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Software & Information Technology
Closely-Held Business Committee of the Section on Business Law of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
CONGRATULATIONS to Mary Jo Kishel for being selected as one of the “Top 25 Women in Business in Northeastern Pennsylvania“! The acknowledgement article can be located in the NEPA Business Journal, March 2015 edition.
Quarterfinalist, Reimel Moot Court Competition
BV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The BV® rating signifies an “excellent” rating for a lawyer that has been admitted to the Bar.
Professional Community Activities
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- American Bar Association — Corporate Law Committee; Intellectual Property Committee
- Victim’s Resource Center — Past Board Member
- United Way — Past Member, Allocations Committee