For over 40 years, he has assisted individuals of all net worth with planning and administering their estates and executing Wills, Trusts and other personal instruments.
In addition, he has built a substantial practice representing numerous charitable and other non-profit organizations, as well as individuals and corporate clients in related business and tax matters, in successfully obtaining favorable charitable status under Sections 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. A dedicated community citizen, Mr. Jacobson has actively served as president and currently as a board member in numerous charitable and religious organizations such as Temple B’nai B’rith of Wilkes-Barre, Temple B’nai B’rith Housing for the Elderly, Inc., Salvation Army, St. Vincent DePaul Kitchen, United Cerebral Palsy (now known as Creating Unlimited Possibilities), Kiwanis Club of Mountaintop and its charitable arm, Kiwanis Club of Mountaintop Charitable Foundation.
Obtained 501(c)(3) status for:
- Community Development Corporation undertaking redevelopment projects to revitalize local community
- Alliance of businesses and individuals to implement revitalization of Downtown Wilkes-Barre
- Organization providing funds to wounded military personnel and their families
- Organization to raise money for research in finding a cure for spinal cord injuries
- Organization to provide funds for cancer patients with financial hardships
- Organization to promote diversity education on a regional basis
- Organization to provide support to those suffering with mental illness and retardation
- Organization providing a protective sanctuary for the care and humane treatment of aging and injured horses
- Local volunteer fire company
- Local Lions Club and Kiwanis Club charitable entities
Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 1959)
Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 1962)
- United States Tax Court
- United State Supreme Court
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)