- Construction Law
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Municipal & Governmental Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
Jack concentrates his practice in Commercial Law, Construction Law, Municipal & Governmental Law, Corporate Litigation, Real Estate Litigation and Workers’ Compensation.
In recent years, Jack’s practice has begun to focus heavily in real estate litigation and
construction litigation. In real estate actions, Jack has handled many types of actions including
eminent domain, title and deed issues, landlord-tenant disputes, tax sales, partition, boundary
disputes, easement issues, and adverse possession claims. In construction litigation, Jack
represents owners, general contractors, and subcontractors on a large variety of construction
projects for private and public bodies. Previously, Mr. Zelinka served on active duty as a Judge
Advocate in the U.S. Navy. After leaving active duty, he has continued to serve as a Lieutenant
Commander in the U.S. Navy JAG Corps Reserves and is presently assigned as Trial Attorney.
He is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he was
a member of the Law School’s prominent Law Review.
- Successfully concluded condemnation action in Commonwealth Court where he represented
local municipality needing property access to complete a construction project which had been
delayed for many years.
- Successfully concluded a multi-year effort resolving and litigating dozens of Eminent Domain
actions involving properties affected by a mine fire.
- Represented client in a very complex construction case resulting in an award of $401,610.
University of Scranton (B.A., 1995)
University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000) — Member of the Order of the Coif (Invitation extended only to top 10%)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Hanover Area Jr./Sr. High School — Attorney Advisor for Mock Trial Team (2005–present)
- Lecturer at local schools for annual Law Day
Member of the Order of the Coif (Invitation extended only to top 10%)
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)
- United States Navy JAG Corps (Active Duty, 2000–2003; Reserves, 2004–present)
- Military Officers’ Association of America — Member
- Solicitor, Hanover Township (2009–2014)
- Solicitor, Hanover Township Zoning Hearing Board (2014–present)