- Construction Law
- Industrial Development
- Municipal & Governmental Law
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Tax Appeals
- Title Insurance Law
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use
- Oil & Gas Leases
Cross Creek Pointe
1065 Highway 315, Suite 200
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
For over 30 years, Mr. Taroli has represented developers, property owners, financing institutions and public utilities in such areas as commercial development and financing, municipal and governmental law, oil and gas leases, real estate transactions, real estate tax appeals, title insurance and zoning/land use law matters.
Mr. Taroli is solicitor to the Redevelopment Authority of Luzerne County, Special Counsel for the Department of Community and Economic Development of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Back Mountain Soccer Association, the Dallas Area Fall Fair, Inc. t/a the Luzerne County Fair, Blue Chip Farms Animal Refuge and, from time to time, the Valley Cat Rescue. He serves on the Board of Wilkes Barre’s Maternal and Family Health, Inc. and is a title agent for Stewart Guaranty Title insurance company, Chicago Title Insurance Company and Commonwealth Title Insurance Company. A frequent speaker on important legal topics, Mr. Taroli has recently lectured on real estate law to other lawyers and professionals at programs hosted by the Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association), the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Dickinson School of Law Forum, the National Business Institute, Lorman Educational Services, and the Greater Wilkes-Barre Board of Realtors on real estate and related Issues.
- Successfully represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Declaration of Takings matters involving surface owners in Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Successfully litigated a “Lake Rights” Case on behalf private property owners resulting in their gaining access to and use of a private lake in federal court
- Provided real estate counseling and title work to a major utility installing a gas pipeline in former railroad bed and over railroad bridges
- Represented buyers in negotiation. drafting and purchase of over 30 pieces of land located on the Marcellus Shale
- Wrote the Title Insurance for a $24 million purchase of a Coal Company which owned surface and subsurface property plus leasehold rights in 3 counties compromising 120 plus parcels
- Represented a major commercial real estate developer in over 500 matters including shopping center development and leasing, development and financing of sites formational companies and leasing of commercial properties
- Successfully represented clients in Declaration of Takings matters involving surface owners in Centralia, Pennsylvania
Wilkes University (B.A., cum laude, 1976)
The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 1979)
- Title Insurance
- Riparian and Water Use Rights
- Mr. Taroli has recently lectured on real estate law to other lawyers and professionals at programs hosted by the Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Dickinson School of Law Forum, the National Business Institute, Lorman Educational Services, and the Greater Wilkes-Barre Board of Realtors on real estate and related issues.
- “Pennsylvania Farmers and Large Landowners Targeted for Oil and Gas Exploration”
- Attorney Taroli addressed the students at the National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony in Dallas, PA., in June, 2013.
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell – This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
Professional Community Activities
- Pennsylvania Bar Association — Animal Law Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association — Real Estate Division
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association) — Chairman, Lawyer Referral Committee
- Keystone State Games — Board Member and Treasurer
- Maternal and Family Health, Inc. — Board Member and Member of Human Relations Committee
- Department of Community and Economic Development of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania — Special Counsel
- Redevelopment Authority of Luzerne County — Solicitor
- Back Mountain Soccer Association — Solicitor
- Dallas Area Fall Fair, Inc. t/a the Luzerne County Fair — Solicitor
- Valley Cat Rescue
- Blue Chip Farms Animal Refuge (A no-kill animal shelter in Franklin Township, Luzerne County) — Solicitor and Board Member
- Avid Swimmer (Has won 50 medals in Masters Swimming in the Pennsylvania Keystone State Games)