Position: Of Counsel
- Automotive Manufacturers & Dealers
- Business & Finance
- Commercial Transactions
- Corporate Law
- Employment Agreements
- Financial Services
- Insurance Companies & Agencies (Property & Casualty)
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Mortgage Banking
- Private Placements
- Professional Corporations
- Shareholder Disputes
Throughout his career, Bruce Rosenthal has advised business clients on a broad range of legal and financial matters.
In addition to serving as a corporate advisor, he has represented clients in numerous acquisitions, mergers, divestitures and private placements.
- Purchase and sale of numerous independent insurance agencies, automotive dealerships, and medical, dental and accounting practices, and a commercial radio station.
- Sale of the stock of a regional auto mall to an automotive conglomerate, having first recapitalized the company through a private placement.
- Formation of a joint venture to conduct food service operations in a professional sports stadium.
- Investment by an automotive industry supplier in a research and development technology center.
- Purchase by a building products manufacturer of the operations of a national competitor, the purchase in liquidation of the customers and assets of other companies in the building products industry and an investment in a foreign building products manufacturer.
- Purchase of the assets of a regional printing company by an investment group.
- Purchase of the operating assets of a building products manufacturer in a Section 363 free and clear sale under the Bankruptcy Code.
- Sale of one of the divisions of a building products manufacturer to a foreign manufacturer.
- Sale of a majority interest in an ambulatory surgery center to a public company.
- Sale of the assets of a chain of durable medical equipment stores to a public company.
- Sale of the stock of a durable medical equipment manufacturer to a strategic buyer.
- Sale of the assets of a construction contractor and quarrying operation to a public company.
- Sale of the assets of a multi-state convenience store supplier to a public company.
- Purchase and sale of numerous regional vending machine companies.
- Sale of the origination platform of a multi-state mortgage bank to an international bank. Mr. Rosenthal had represented the stockholders for nearly 20 years beginning with their acquisition of the mortgage bank.
- Sale of the stock of a regional brewery and bottler to a private equity firm.
- Merger of a group of workers compensation insurance companies into a subsidiary of a publicly owned foreign insurance company. Preceding the merger, Mr. Rosenthal had represented the client for over 20 years, beginning with organization, licensing and capitalization through a series of private placements.
- Sale of the stock of a personal lines insurance company to a regional insurance company. Mr. Rosenthal had represented the client beginning with organization, licensing and capitalization through a private placement.
- Sale of the stock of a national bank to a nationwide bank. Mr. Rosenthal had represented the shareholders beginning with their acquisition of the bank funded through a private placement.
- Sale of the stock of a national bank to a private investment group.
University of Rochester (B.A., 1969)
University of Pennsylvania (J.D., 1972)
- Pennsylvania (1972)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (1973)
AV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell — This rating attests to a lawyer’s legal ability and professional ethics, and reflects the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV® rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for those practicing law for more than 10 years.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association (Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association)