Address: 15 South Franklin Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711-0075
Email: E-Mail Me
Direct Dial: (570)826-5641
Direct Fax: (570)831-7212
Assistant's Name: Rebecca L. Schaffer
Assistant's E-Mail: E-Mail
Throughout his career, Matthew E. Turowski has advised clients on a wide range of commercial real estate, land use and banking matters. For nearly 15 years, his practice has been focused on the representation of buyers, sellers, lenders, borrowers and developers in the acquisition, financing, lending and development of commercial real estate. Mr. Turowski has extensive experience in land development, subdivision and zoning. Mr. Turowski is also a licensed Pennsylvania title insurance agent and is an approved agent for Stewart Title Guaranty Company and First American Title Insurance Company.
- Acquisition, sale and development of numerous of multi-million dollar commercial real estate properties for private developers, which includes acquisition and development of both improved and unimproved parcels.
- Acquisition and sale of multi-tenant occupied facilities.
- Land development counsel for one of Pennsylvania's first gaming facilities to be permitted and constructed.
- Obtaining land development, subdivision and zoning approvals for the construction of retail "big box" facilities.
- Counsel to a national lender in the liquidation and sale of the real estate assets of a bankrupt quarrying facility.
- Representation of commercial lenders and borrowers in the preparation and negotiation of commercial loan documentation for real estate based secured financing, leasehold financing and asset based financing.
- Representation of a local economic development agency in the preparation of loan documentation for Pennsylvania Small Business First Program loans.
- Representation of lenders in commercial real estate workouts, foreclosures, execution and deficiency judgment proceedings.
- Preparation and negotiation of commercial leases, both triple net and gross, for single occupant and multi-tenant facilities, including warehouses.
- Negotiation of oil and gas leases for private landowners and non-profit entities.
- King's College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1990)
- Ohio Northern University College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1993)
- The George Washington University (Master of Law in Environmental Law, with highest honors, 1994)